Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lab 1- 8/29/11


A Cloropleth Map-provides an easy way to visualize how a measurement varies across a geographic area or it shows the level of variability within a region


Dot Density Map-shows spatial patterns with the dots.

Isarithmic Map-epict smooth continuous phenomena such as precipitation
My Happy Place- a spot along the chattahoochee river that runs along my neighborhood, (in Suwanee, GA). My neighborhood has lots of running and hiking trails and this spot in particular is a great way to get away from it all. (also a great place for teenagers to get into some trouble). The yellow shaded area is old settles bridge, a place where my friends and I would jump off the old bridge into the river (cops did not like this). The blue shaded area is the soccer field in my neighborhood, which was another place I would enjoy going to to get away from it all and just kick the ball around. 

The proportional symbol map uses symbols of different sizes to represent data associated with different areas or locations within the map




sources: google images and Types of Maps

Scanned image of my map to come (just gotta figure out how to use my scanner!).

No comments:

Post a Comment